IT Managed Services, Senior Engineer
Trojan IT has operated successfully in Ireland for 30 years, and have established ourselves as one of Ireland’s leading IT solutions provider. We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic, experienced IT Managed Services, Senior Engineer to support our clients.
This position offers the right candidate the opportunity to develop their career in an energetic work environment. Working as part of a dedicated team, to achieve company goals and provide customers with a professional and friendly service, which they have come to expect of Trojan IT.
Analysing, maintaining and troubleshooting customer environments, including but not limited to: Network connectivity and utilization, Windows Server and PC performance tuning, Patch Management, Backup and Restore, Anti-Virus, Anti Malware, Encryption, MDM and Cloud Services through our RMM tools.
A key component of this position is to recognize and develop any opportunities to improve the Managed Services Offering through process and technology improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities
What your role will involve:
• Develop and maintain automation routines for Patch Management and IT systems.
• Generate reports and recommendations for Managed Services Clients.
• Standardise client deployments.
• Achieve KPI’s for each of the services delivered.
• Monitoring and Management of System Alerts and Notifications; and respond accordingly.
• Assist in assigning Service Requests that require Engineer Support
• Liaise with Customers to schedule maintenance windows.
• Continually maintain documentation on processes and client systems.
• Participate in afterhours maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting and/or on-call availability.
• IT support relating to issues with customer systems and network infrastructure.
• Analyse reactive service tickets to look for trends and underlying problems and look for ways to improve, by preventing issues and eliminating end user request.
• Identify high impact issues that can be solved across clients.
• Research new ways to minimise reactive support and stay current with all tools and technology.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• A strong knowledge of Microsoft Desktop & Server Operating systems.
• A strong knowledge of networking (switches / firewalls / routers etc.).
• A strong knowledge of cloud technologies.
• An understanding of the business impact of ICT Systems and devices and the consequences of disruption to these services.
• Fluent English Language Skills. An ability to communicate verbally and via any other channels with all colleagues and customers in a polite, courteous and understanding manner.
• Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
• Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
• Comprehensive and accurate record keeping and documentation.
• An ability to follow through and close out all issues to the customers satisfaction, keeping the customer always informed
• Full clean driving licence.
• Qualifications in Information Technology are preferable.
• 5+ years of IT experience.
• Microsoft certifications a plus.
• Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
• Performance based incentives.
• Full on the job training & support.
• Fun working environment and culture.
• Great opportunity for advancement.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.