Trojan IT has operated successfully in Ireland for 30 years, and have established ourselves as one of Ireland’s leading IT solutions provider. We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic, experienced Network Engineer to support our clients.
This position offers the right candidate the opportunity to develop their career in a fun, energetic work environment. Working as part of a team to achieve company goals and provide customers with a professional and friendly service, which they have come to expect of Trojan IT.
The Network Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of internal systems, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments, as well as providing technical assistance to team members with system and network requests.
We encourage creativity and will give you the freedom to explore and push the boundaries of technology. This role would suit an ambitious, self-starter who enjoys keeping up to date with the latest technology trends.
Duties and Responsibilities
What your role will involve:
• Design and implementation at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
• Design and implement hosted and cloud solutions for customers using technologies that meet their requirements.
• Design and implement disaster recovery solutions.
• IT support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure.
• Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Office365, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
• Support services for virtualization technologies.
• Remote access solution support: VPN and Terminal Services.
• Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
• Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
• Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
• Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
• Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
• BA/BS in computer science or a related field is preferable but not essential.
• 3 years of IT experience.
• Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
• Performance based incentives.
• Full on the job training & support.
• Fun working environment and culture.
• Great opportunity for advancement.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.